Samstag, 12. Juli 2008

The meaning of life...

Dear duck-billed-platypuss,
After watching a video by my friend Tobi, I want to ask you, what's the meaning of life? Well to begin with there's no mathematical formula for it, as we all see the world with different eyes and have varying goals and perceptions. To me the meaning of life is leaving golden footprints, some sort of a change, something that makes the world at least a tiny bit better for the people after us. It may sound pretencious but that's how I feel about it. It's not about money, work or material things; at least not to me. It's more about diving deep rather than staying on the surface. About feeling the texture, rather than seeing it. So is life more of a box of chocolates like hollywood portrays it or an onion. In Guenter Grass'es biographical book, the author compares his life to an onion, peeling layer of skin after layer after layer making his eyes burn and then feeling relief in the end.
Often people realize when they're close to death, what life really means to them, often it's because they begin to actually think about it. It's often extreme situations which make us value and appreciate what we have. Many people live into the day, the wake up, go to work, school etc
just live in monotony.
I don't feel like continuing maybe some other time
I'm hungry
I'm off
love
anna

Keine Kommentare: